Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alternate Uniforms and Movies

1. The Packers have announced they will be revealing an alternate, throwback uniform from the 1920's which they'll hopefully be using for one or two home games this year.  The colors are a dark blue and khaki.

2. ESPN has announced a movie about the legendary Packers coach Vince Lombardi.  The film will be called LOMBARDI and will star Robert De Niro as Coach Lombardi.  The film will specifically chronicle his time spent with the Green Bay Packers.

My thoughts:

1) This is pretty cool.  I love seeing the retro uniforms.  I think it brings character and history to the game.  Once or twice a year is enough for me though.  And while I do love the throwbacks, I would really love to see modern alternate uniforms with jerseys which are either black or yellow. 



2) The movie sounds great.  I am looking forward to seeing it.  Vince Lombardi was one of the greatest coaches of all time. Using De Niro gives the movie some credibility and also ensures a great performance.

Unfortunately, neither update is a move to directly improve the team.

0 comments:


Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Supported by Urban Designs